What is Direct Debit?
Direct Debit is the service through which, based on the agreement received from you, we pay your invoices by debiting your current account with the value of the invoice issued by the beneficiary of the payment (the invoice issuer). The value of the invoice and the date on which the payment should be done are communicated to the bank directly by the invoice issuer, without any involvement from your side.
The service is available both to individuals and companies that have a current account in RON opened with Piraeus Bank.
How does the service work?
- Come to the nearest territorial unit of the bank with the last issued and paid invoice for which you want that the following payments are done through Direct Debit.
- Request the Direct Debit service by checking the specific box on the Account Opening Form
- Sign the Direct Debit Mandate for the provider and client code for which you want to pay the invoice through Direct Debit (one mandate for each client code)
- You continue to receive the regular invoices at the correspondent address declared to the invoice issuer so as to always know the amount with which Piraeus Bank will debit on the due date your account.
- On the due date, Piraeus Bank will debit your current account (assure yourself that you have the necessary funds for the payment of the invoice) with an amount equal to the value of the invoice and will send it directly in the provider’s account.